How I made $644.05 in my third month of blogging before expenses. You can read my other income reports here.
November was a quiet month and I suspect December will be also. In November I had returned to my photography business so it took up a lot of my time. I did not promote the blog or my other related income streams as much as previously. I still did make something at least – I made up for the loss (plus much more) with the work I did within my at home photography business.
5 Most Popular Posts This Month
198 visits - 10 Better Ways To Do Christmas This Year.
160 visits – The Declutter Update.
140 visits – 7 Simple Sheet Pan Recipes To Try This Week.
118 visits - Daily Routines For Kids At School – with FREE printable
Income Break Down
You Tube - $62.35 / Last Month $55.66
My channels took a jump this month. Even though I did not do anything on the parenting channel, the main channel increased well, especially with my Grocery Haul & Meal Planning vlogs. I also increased subscribers to 3,000+ between both channels!
Shopify – $0 / LAST Month $35.98
I use Shopify to build all of my websites including this blog. If someone clicks on my FREE 14 day trial link and signs up I make a commission. Shopify is great for those wanting to expand into a online store. Its primary function is to do this and is done extremely well in my opinion!
Amazon – $0 / Last Month $0
I did a couple of blog posts with Amazon products focused for Christmas, but I did not really promote. Amazon proves to be a very hard affiliate to make work so far. If someone clicks through from my blog to Amazon via my link then I make a small commission off each sale.
Adsense – $222.90 / Last Month $397.98
I am not surprised that I made less this month as I did have less visitors. It goes to show that putting in the hard work to promote blog posts is necessary. I just did not have as much time being that I returned to my photography business as another income stream. Next month I will be trying to work it all much better. I have chosen to work with Adsense on my website for display ads. I make money from impressions & when ever someone clicks on an advert.
Advertising Spots I Sell On Blog - $0 / Last Month $1500
Last month I sold a ‘Front Page Featured’ spot. Whilst this is not something that will happen every month as it is a limited spot it was a great boost to have. I did not promote my advertising spots this month at all. After Christmas I plan on focusing more on this selling selected spots through out and launching the ‘Mummy Directory’.
Sponsored Posts - $0
I have done sponsored posts previously through my You Tube channels and on this blog. I was paid in product not $$$, but this was in my previous months. I do hope to do much more of this if relatable to my topics. I am in talks at the moment with a couple of companies to do reviews, hopefully they will follow through.
Josabella Kids - $358.80 / Last Month $538.20 I was not surprised by the drop in sales and I expect it to be even less in December. People do not do a lot of birthday parties this time of the year.
Josabella Kids is my work from home business I run in conjunction with the blog. I use the blog & You Tube channels to help promote it and it is part of my This Mum At Home journey. It is inspired by my two children Joseph & Isabella and is personalised digital kids birthday invitations, letters from Santa & The Easter Bunny! It is inspired by an imaginative world of stories I tell and play with my children. The best thing about this business is that my products are digital files for self printing, so I sell to people all over the world!
How Did I Do It?
I can see this month I was actually getting some good organic traffic which was lovely to see. It means there are people out there finding me via Google searches ect as well as seeing my content shared by people. Even though it was quieter this month Im still happy that people are reading and enjoying. I do promote the blog through my my 2 You Tube channels & my social media channels - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. This months results at 1906 visits & 2847 page views on the blog was lower than the previous, but expected.
My Goals For November Where:
* Increase blog subscribers to 100 & Get 2 newsletters out – I have 113 BUT didn’t get any newsletters out!
* Increase Blog Visits to 2500 & 4000 page views – this did not happen.
* Post more consistently on Instagram – I did post more regularly which I was happy about.
* Increase my Pinterest av monthly viewers to 30,000 – my monthly views are sitting at around 33,000 ! I cant say that this is due to Tailwind as Ididnt really use it. So I guess people are just loving my pins! Tailwind has made things easier though...
* Increase Twitter followers to 500 & av monthly tweet impressions to15,000 – I have not quiet gotten there yet, but I do have a plan for after Christmas on increasing.
* Post more and engage more on the This Mum At Home business page and group pages …
- Home Decorating Mummas
- Meal Planning Mummas
- Work & Stay At Home Mummas
I did do this, but would like to do more on a more regular schedule.
* Work on the eBook – This is an ongoing project that I am excited about. Its taking me a while, but looking into next year Isabella will have one day at daycare and I will be putting more work into this and my income streams. I not only have the Meal Planning eBook, but also a couple of others Im working on and Im very excited! …. Things will be ‘yummy’ just follow to find out!
My Goals For December:
* Keeping The Blog Out There – December is going to be a tough month to do a lot with school holidays starting and Christmas. My plan is to just keep things plotting along with sharing the Christmas blog content where I can. I wont be able to work on it as much due to a wedding I am photographing in November, but I will still be present.
If you’re a mum blogger trying to balance it all and create something for yourself you know the joy the blog is bringing me. It’s definitely given me another sense of happiness just within myself to feel like I’m finally fulfilling what ever the universe/God’s purposes is for my life. We all have different paths and journey’s. None of us are the same and it is our own choice on how we live our lives, no one elses. For this time in my life I believe I am where I am suppose to be right now for myself and my little family of 4.
If you want to read more about blogging and being a work from home mum check out more blog posts here.